Monday, March 12, 2012

Song Spotlight- "Between a Laugh and A Tear" John Mellencamp w/ Rickie Lee Jones

I always thought this was a good album track that kinda got buried on the "Scarecrow" album
  

 It's somewhat of a duet with folkie/jazzy singer Rickie Lee Jones
























I always thought the lyrics were really good .
The lyric that comes to mind a lot for me is
"I know there's a balance, I see it when I swing past..."
 
 
"Balance". What a concept. I think it is the key to finding peace. 
Not letting your emotions overtake you into one extreme 
or another.
The "sweet spot" if you will.  
You can apply it to "work" vs "play", your relationships 
and in these crazy times, even your political views.

Good luck on finding your "balance" 
you'll know when you find it ,
  you'll see it when it swings past...



No comments:

Post a Comment